Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July?

Mine wasn't so happy for a few reasons. I had to work, but I got holiday pay, so it wasn't that bad. I expected to come home to a b-b-q, but what did I come home to? Nothing! No food, no husband and no power! So maybe I am exaggerating. I knew there wouldn't be any food since I called Jeremy before I left work and I picked up Taco Bell on the way home. Woo hoo, Mexican food on Independence day. Anyways, coming home to no power was the irritating thing. There has been a problem with the power over the last week, but we didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well Friday came and the power went out at least 10 times. So my MIL called PG&E, and the problem turned out to be the main breaker. We found this out at 7:55 pm, and every hardware store in the state closed at 8:00pm because it was a holiday. Crappy for us. When there is no power at the house there also no water, since the pump for the well runs off electricity. No water=no good. Luckily, we were able to tie into the water next door. Otherwise it would have meant no shower, no toilet flushing, nothing! My FIL happened to have bought a generator last spring, so we did have enough power to keep the fridge going and use minimal lights. But that was about it. It was a night of reading by candle light. Good thing I had just bought a new book, Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. Yes, I am addicted, thanks to a few of the blogs I have been peeking in on. I finished Twilight in 2 and 1/2 days, mind you I worked two of the days, and I had to buy New Moon and Eclipse on my way to work yesterday! Now I am almost finished with New Moon. I have to say, they are excellent. Too bad the next book doesn't come out until August...

1 comments:

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

Woooo Hoooooo. I read them all twice in a week, I was hooked. I had to give them away to others to read so that I would pay attention to my responsibilities. I'm glad you liked them!! There is a link on her website where she rewrote the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's perspective. You should take a look.