Wrong!!!! Due to the financing department screwing up, we had to change to a different loan last Thursday, seven days before we were supposed to close. We hoped that we still would be able to get the keys by Thursday or Friday. The ladies in the financing department told us that they would get the new loan documents to underwriting ASAP, and that Thursday or Friday was a great possibility. What a load of crap! They called yesterday, the day before we were supposed to get the keys, and said it would be as late as September 18th before we get the keys. Grrrrr!!!!!! Can you say disappointing?! I wanted to cry when I got the news. Three more weeks we will have to wait! I know in the grand scheme of things, three weeks is not a lot of time, but I had plans for September in the house. I was going to host an open house for Close To My Heart, but now I can't until at least October. This delay really messes with my business. Jeremy and I were going to take advantage of labor day sales on furniture and paint. Now we can't do that. Grumble, grumble, grumble.
So I am trying to look on the bright side. Waiting three more weeks means we can save more money, which means more furniture sooner. The longer we wait, the less construction there will be on our street. We will be able to paint our garage floor the day we get the keys instead of having to wait a week (they replaced 3 concrete panels last Wednesday, and it needs to cure at least 2 weeks before it can be painted.) I get to go to music circus tomorrow. If we had gotten the keys, I would be painting and unable to go see Hairspray. Now, I get to go with my parents and my MIL. But the best result of not getting the keys is that Jeremy and I got to spend the day together doing whatever we wanted. We went to breakfast this morning after we had our final walkthrough. I had the best omelet at Mimi's. Then we went furniture browsing. Not shopping, cause we can't make any big purchases until after escrow closes, but browsing. We went to RC Willey and finally found something we agreed on. When we left, there was a tent set up outside with my favorite energy drink!
The pink Go Girl is yummy, but Go Girl Glo is the best! 100.5 was giving them out for free, so Jeremy and I both snagged one. Jeremy actually drank his and liked it! It turned out to be a fun day even though it had a disappointing start. I hope the next three weeks fly by.
Take A Look At This Article http://tinyu
12 years ago







5 comments:
Yeah? Well, 4 hours after we closed, our car started acting up and we had to take it to the shop!
Ok, yours is still worse, but that is $350 I would have rather not spent on the car!
That sucks....Where am I supposed to live now?? Seriously, sorry about the mix up. Loans are stupid things to go through. One reason why Jared quit doing them.
Invite me to your CTMH party!!!
well...it's always good to have a positive attitude.
Oh Man That Stinks!! Im sorry!! So when do you think you will get the keys now??? Well hopefully you will be moved in VERY soon!!
Interest rates are dropping through the floor today! Maybe the extra 3 weeks will be good in the long run! (I would have waited another 3 weeks if it would have saved me this much money!)
Post a Comment