Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My pregnancy so far...

...has sucked! But now that I am 12 weeks, I am feeling much better. I feel very lucky that I never actually puked, not even once! Although I came close many times. I felt nauseous most of the time, but feel so fortunate that I was able to continue working in my 1st trimester. I didn't call in sick or go home early, even though I wanted to! So here is a list of dislikes about the 1st trimester so far:


-gagging every time I brush my teeth
-being one degree warmer (I have always been a cold person. This being hot stuff sucks!)
-feeling like crap most of the time
-not having any energy(The #1 reason for my lack of blogging.)
-not being able to keep up with housework (I barely get the laundry done. It then sits in the laundry room for a week before I finally fold it and put it away. And cleaning? Forget about it! My house hasn't ever been this messy. Grrr)
-the enhanced sense of smell(The #1 offender? Those stupid reusable bags that people bring to the grocery store. No one ever washes them, so they smell like dried chicken blood and old milk. So gross!)
-working 8 hours a day on my feet! (I envy women who have desk jobs.)
-having to pee constantly, especially at night (Every 3 hours.)
-none of my clothes fit (My jeans are all uncomfortable to wear, and most of my shirts are very fitted. Since I don't have a baby bump, the shirts just make me look chubby or bloated.)
-not being able to have my favorite foods(blue cheese, starbucks), or having foods prepared how I like (Having to heat deli meats, having my eggs fully cooked, well done red meat, yuck! I won't be having filet mignon any time soon!)
-constantly being hungry
-having to force myself to eat things I don't normally eat (Extra protein and calcium are the hardest things to consume.)
-constantly craving sweets
-the shower has become my enemy! (I have to take cooler showers so I don't feel like I am going to pass out)
-all the doctor appointments
-the ridiculous acne!

I could go on and on. But I am trying to focus on the things I like so far:

-hearing the baby's heartbeat
-being able to fall asleep so easily
-taking naps
-talking with Jeremy about the baby
and the #1 thing I like about being pregnant?

-not having to change the litter box!!!


2 comments:

The Shaffers said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy!!!!! But the good really does outway the bad. And your entering the 2nd trimester and thats usually the best few months.

The Riddle Family said...

I love it!!!I giggled a little while I read your post. I do feel bad for you because all of those things are lame (especially the teeth brushing one- I got really good with floss and mouth wash for a while)but I am excited that you are now part of the pregnancy club. You are going to make such a cute pregnant girl! I want to see pictures when that bump does start to show!