Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Can you say blond?

I had a super blond moment today. I was in a rush getting ready for work this morning. I accomplished a lot of house work before I had to leave, but misjudged the amount of time I had left to get ready, so I was running behind. I still had plenty of time to get to work, but I always like to be 10 or 20 minutes early. I never know when I am going to have a problem getting on base, so I like to be super early. I got in the car and was about 3 minutes from my house when I realized I forgot to put on any makeup! You would have thought that when I brushed my teeth I would have noticed, but apparently I didn't look at myself. Anyways, I thought about turning the car around, but figured, the kids won't notice if I don't have makeup on, so whatever. Well, it is a good thing I didn't turn around because there was unexpected road work that took me 20 minutes to get through when it should have taken 2! I got to work with 5 minutes to spare, but what a stressful way to start my day!

2 comments:

The Shaffers said...

I didnt know you were working on base! Where at exactly?? The cdc or youth center, or what?? Hows the first week going with kids? And im sure you looked just beautiful without makeup!

Michelle said...

Yes, I am working on base for now. The school district I am working for has 2 Schools on base, one of them being an Elementary School, and it has a Preschool at it. This is temporary until the School I will be working at has enough kids enrolled. The first week is going fine. The kids are still learning the rules, so it has been a hard week. I think I look tired and splotchy without makeup. Since it was 100 degrees yesterday, I'm sure tired and splotchy looking was to be expected!