Dear Enzo,
I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. You are no longer my baby, you are a little boy! When you were a newborn, it felt like time was standing still. Sleep deprivation did funny things to me, and I thought it would never end. I felt like I would never be able to function normally again, getting a shower felt like an accomplishment. Leaving the house before noon seemed impossible. But a year later, it is like a whole different world.
Luckily you started sleeping really well around six months. You are still a wonderful sleeper most of the time. 11 hours straight and I am loving every minute of it. You have the occasional night when you pee through your diaper or your teeth bug you enough to wake you up, but you go back to sleep as soon as you are changed or soothed. Now if only Mama could go back to sleep that easily!
Speaking of teeth, you now have eight of them! Four on top and four on the bottom. You aren't too fond of Mama brushing them, but it is a necessity. You absolutely hate for your nails to get trimmed, but you love your bath time! Every night when Daddy starts to run the water, you run to the gate and start yelling excitedly.
That is right, I said run! In the last month you went from walking occasionally to walking the majority of the time, and running when you are excited. Combine that with all the climbing you do and you are one active little boy! You love to talk, and although I can't understand most of what you say, there are a few words Daddy and I can make out. Mama, Daddy, kitty, I love you, hi, bye, baba.
You love to sing with Daddy and laugh and giggle. You still love to eat, and are done with bottles. Milk in a sippy cup all the way! You still take a binky when you sleep, but Mama doesn't give it to you any other time. I'm sure Daddy and Grandpa let you have it whenever you want, but Mama is one tough cookie!
You threw up for the first time this week. That was interesting. You didn't seem upset by it, just confused as to what happened. You had a little case of the stomach flu that lasted a few days, but thankfully cleared up before Christmas/your birthday. It didn't matter though, you weren't interested in presents anyways. You wanted to play with your cousins and loved the cake and ice cream!
Here is to many more years of watching you grow, my sweet little boy!
Love,
Mama







1 comments:
He is so cute! It is nice to be reminded that this whole sleep deprivation stage will be over at some point.
Post a Comment