Thursday, August 25, 2011

8 Months

Dear Enzo,


Today you are 8 months old! This month again has brought many changes for you. Last week you cut your top two teeth, which brings you to a total of four. Now if Mama could figure out how to stop you from grinding them! You also started crawling. There is no stopping you now! If you see something that interests you, you go for it. If it is something that you shouldn't have, even better! Daddy or I will call your name and you go into turbo mode. You crawl as fast as you can while giggling until you reach the item. I like to call you bulldozer as you power through everything in your way.

You are my happy little boy who loves to sleep. You sleep an average of 11 hours a night and get in 4 hours of naps throughout the day. Since you started crawling sometimes you have 5-6 hours of naps. You just wear yourself out! From the time you wake up until you go to sleep, you are go, go, go!

Mama went back to work this week after having 5 wonderful weeks off. We had tons of playdates, went to the state fair, visited with cousins on both sides, went swimming, went to a wedding with you and Mama and Daddy went to a wedding without you. You had cousin pictures taken, went to John's incredible Pizza, went to the park, took our nightly walks, tried new foods, went out to lunch many times, and had tons of Mommy/Enzo time! Mama was really glad to be able to spend so much time with you, especially when I was healthy and had enough sleep to enjoy it! Luckily Mama only has to work 3 days a week most the time, so I get plenty of time with you.

This month marks the start of many new foods to eat. We started a couple nights ago with shredded cheese which you weren't too sure about. But once again, after trying it a few times, you loved it! Next with be yogurt, chunkier foods, egg yolks, pasta, rice, meats and more. Lucky for you that you will soon be able to eat most everything Mama does. You are my little vulture, swiping whatever you can off my plate, regardless of if you have had it before. Every time I eat something, no matter what it is, you stare at me with your little puppy dog eyes, begging me to give you some. When I tell you no, you get this smile on your face, like "I'm so cute, don't you want to share with me?!" Believe me, I do want to share with you, but not everything is safe for you to eat yet, but soon it will be! You have mastered puffs and bread, and are working at getting them in your mouth all the time instead of half the time. You tried your first cheerio today.

Your hair has started to come in all the sudden and it is golden blonde. With those beautiful blue eyes, the girls are going to be in trouble! You are already such a little flirt. But no matter how much you love to flirt with the girls, you love Mama best, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Mama

0 comments: