Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5 months

My little boy is 5 months. He has changed a lot this past month. At his 4 month appointment the Dr. said we could start feeding him rice cereal and solids. After 3 weeks of rice cereal, and Enzo trying to eat everything off our plates, we decided to start real food. Sweet potatoes were first, and he loved them! We have since moved on to bananas. Next will be avocados.

Enzo is still sleeping well. This will be his last month before we transition him to his own room. I am kind of sad about this, as I love having him close, however I don't want him in our room forever! Enzo can roll from back to front and front to back with ease. He now sleeps on his side with his back arched, it is so adorable. Enzo enjoys his tummy time. He like to grab the blanket and pull himself forward. He doesn't stay in one place for long. Enzo loves to grab everything in sight, especially Mommy's hair.

Enzo is still in 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. His hair is really starting to come in.

Likes: reading books with Mommy
tummy time
jumping in his jumper
sticking everything in his mouth
watching the kitties
eating
sleeping
having his diaper changed

Dislikes: teething
nursing

Enzo has always had an issue nursing. First he wouldn't latch, then he was impatient and would only nurse at night. Now he flat out refuses to do it. The morning after starting rice cereal he stopped. I continue to pump, but am getting pretty tired of it. My plan is to pump until 6 months, then cut out one pumping session a week. It will make my life so much less stressful. I won't have to plan my day around my pumping schedule and will have more than 5 minutes to eat my lunch at work.

2 weeks ago I finished taking the last of my iron supplements. By 3 months, I was feeling back to normal, not anemic. However, since stopping the iron supplements, I feel light headed at times. I'm hoping that an iron rich diet will remedy this, however if it doesn't, I will have to go to the doctor. On the bright side, I have been able to fit into all me pre-pregnancy pants since the first week of May. My stomach could use some toning, but I'm not stressing about it.

And now for some pictures.

What, you want me to smile?

I'm too busy staring at Otis.

Mmm, this rattle tastes good!

Cheese!

Hi!

1 comments:

The Shaffers said...

Oh just look at the handsom boy!! Sounds like hes doing really well...